We just ask you
to replace the fuel used
We guarantee there are
NO HIDDEN extras
We meet you at the
airport with your car
We meet you at the
airport on your return
As you can see we have made this section of our web page easy to find and not hidden away.
The price includes:
– Unlimited mileage.
– Collision damage waiver.
– 2 drivers.
– Airport charges.
– Tax IVA (VAT) 21%.
– 24 hours road assistance.
Fuel policy – Replace fuel.
We do not charge for fuel.
We do not charge for checking fuel on return.
Fuel is not included in the price.
We do not charge or make money on fuel but ask you to replace the fuel you use.
Not included in the price:
– Additional drivers (1st and 2nd drivers are free) 3rd driver 10€.
– Baby seat 2€ day, maximum price 30€ per rental. Must be pre booked. Removable items such as head rests and padded seat belt protectors are not provided for hygienic reasons clients must bring their own.
– Booster seat 1€ day, maximum price 20€ per rental (required by law for ALL children under 1.5m / 4 feet 11 inches) must be pre-booked.
– Maxi Cosy 5€ day,( maximum price 40 € per rental. Must be pre-booked. Removable items such as head rests and padded seat belt protectors are not provided for hygienic reasons clients must bring their own.
– GPS 3€ day, maximum price 50€. Must be pre-booked.
– Traffic fines, towing and duration the car is impounded.
– Early returns we accept 1 hour before or after the agreed time on
the rental contract. Early returns will be charged at 3€ per hour to cover the parking fees at Malaga airport.
– Late return after 1 hour will be charged at a daily rate and the cost of providing a replacement vehicle or taxi for the incoming clients if required.
Out of hours.
There will be an additional charge for delivering you vehicle.
a) 20 € if the car is delivered from 21.01 hrs to 23.00 hrs.
b) 50 € if the car is delivered from 23.01 hrs to 08.00 hrs.
There will be an additional charge for collecting you vehicle after 21.00 of 25€.
If your vehicle interior or exterior gets damaged, involved in an accident or even stolen, the ‘Excess’ is the amount of money that you have to pay to cover the cost of the repair to your own vehicle. For example: if you have an excess of 1500 euros, you damage the vehicle and the cost of repair is 2000 euros - you pay 1500 euros towards the cost of the repair.
At Dragon Car Hire we offer low hire prices with an excess and an optional excess waiver.
Cars with 5 seats
Groups B, D & F (Focus 5 door & Estate) 1500 euros
You can waiver the excess at 70 euros for up to 7 days, or 100 euros for up to 14 days, more than 15 days must take out online insurance.
Vehicles with 7,8 or 9 seats
Groups G & K (Vehicles with more then 5 seats) 2000 euros
You can waiver the excess for 150 euros for up to 7 days or 200 euros for up to 14 days, more than 15 days must take out online insurance.
Does the insurance cover tyres, glass and undercarriage?
Yes - although the standard insurance excess is 1500 euros.
The undercarriage is not included if you take the vehicle off road and damage it on stone, rocks or tree stubbs.
Can I pay extra to waive the excess?
Yes - for 70 euros a week for a car, or 150 euros for a mini bus, you can waive the excess.
If you search for car hire insurance you will find may different ones online.
It is the client’s responsibility to check their terms and conditions, these companies offer excess waiver insurance at low rates. If you have a claim you will have to pay the excess to Dragon Car Hire before you return your vehicle then make a claim from your insurance policy. We cannot accept responsibility if your insurance providers will not pay out. An administration fee of 30 euros will be charged for each request for claim related documents. If taking out your own insurance to cover the excess be fully aware of what cover you are taking and if they have any items that the insurance does not cover eg. punctures, towing or even putting the wrong fuel in the vehicle.
Companies offering ZERO EXCESS often have a list of items that are not covered and charge an extra daily insurance to cover these items. If you do not take out their extra insurance you are obliged to leave a large deposit which they refund after you return home.
Please make sure when taking out an online insurance that you take out the correct one for the larger vehicles. Some companies such as Insurance4carhire and Icarhire seem to hide the fact that they categorise vehicles with 9 seats as vans even though their web site states that for vehicles with more than 9 seats you need another type of insurance.